What to Do After Your Automatic 60-Day Visa Extension Expires?

On February 27, the National Immigration Administration announced that foreign residents and travelers in China whose visa expired or is about to expire during the epidemic prevention and control period (which started on January 20 and has yet to set a termination date) will be given an additional 2 months without needing to go through the extension process.

Heres an article on a similar topic:

How to Extend Your China Visa If It Expired During the Outbreak

Q: how to calculate the automatic extension of 2 months?

A: if the visa stay period expires after January 20 (the epidemic prevention and control period begins) and before February 27 (the policy date announced by the immigration office), the extension period will be calculated from February 27 and extended for two months (60 days).

If the visa stay period expires after February 27 (the date when the immigration office announces the policy), it will be extended for 2 months (60 days) from the next day.

Those whose visas have expired before January 20 (the epidemic prevention and control period begins) are illegal residents, and the policy is not applicable.

Q: What should we do once our 60-day extension expires?

A: If you wish to stay in China longer than the additional 60 days provided, you will need to apply for a visa or a residence permit at the Exit and Entry Administration Department in the city you wish to stay in, before your extension expires. If not, you can leave the country at any given time before the expiration date.

Q: Do I need to make an appointment for a visa or residence permit?

A: Yes. However, to avoid crowd congestion, the bureau will arrange an appointment for you to handle the certificate in combination with the actual situation.

Q: What should I do if I can't get an appointment?

A: For those who still cannot make an appointment on the last day of their stay, they can apply directly at the local immigration hall, which will then process your application as an urgent matter.

Q: What documents do I need to bring to apply for a visa or residence permit?

A: Your valid passport or other international travel documents;

Visa application form;

Registration form of temporary residence for overseas residents;

One photo that meets the specified requirements and the test receipt of the photo;

Other materials related to the purpose of application, as indicated on your application form.

Editor: Crystal H

Editor's Pick

A Lotus-Shaped Building to Host What?! Strange Monuments List

Summer Vacation Dates Announced for Students in These Cities

Lockdown-Inspired Music Video Goes Viral with Entire Family